Analytical Court Report Writing and Recording
Date & Time:
Tuesday 22 November 2022 (09:30 - 16:30)
Audience: All Qualified Social Workers and Managers
Overview and Learning Outcomes
- This is a one-day course designed to provide social workers with the skills necessary to create and defend written statements and reports in a tribunal or court.
- Delegates will learn, in a supportive and dynamic environment:
- The importance of written statements in the context of the court process
- How to incorporate fair and balanced, evidence-based analysis into those statements
- How to write authoritatively and clearly without recourse to jargon or technical language
- The importance of balancing competing rights in social work practice, prior to and during any court proceedings
- The course is designed for a wide range of social workers – from those newly qualified to those more experienced wishing to improve their writing skills.