Date & Time:
Audience: All Children's Qualified Social Workers and Managers
Delegates attending this training are called upon to prepare statements and reports for use in court proceedings involving children and to, potentially, attend court to give oral evidence based upon those reports. The training will provide the necessary skills to enable delegates to produce concise, accurate and compelling written evidence and give guidance as to how to present that evidence to best effect in the courtroom.
What will you learn?
Delegates attending this course will:
- Have an understanding of the legal system, the legal process, what is good practice, new legislation an the Public Law Outline 2014
- Know how to construct a witness statement/report
- Know what is expected of the witness at Court
- Know what happens at Court
- Know how to prepare for and give oral evidence
- Know what to expect in cross examination