Managers and IRO Audit Workshop
Date & Time:
Audience: All Children Services Managers and Independent Reviewing Officers undertaking audits
The purpose of the workshop is to increase understanding of the audit processes in Dudley, and share learning and themes obtained from audits and moderation.
The workshop will aim to deliver a consistency of approach across managers to the audit processes within Dudley and will be a combination of feedback and case discussion/learning. The workshop is interactive and participation of the managers will be a key aspect.
The workshop forms part of the ongoing improvement agenda within Dudley MBC Children’s Services.
- To raise awareness of the new Dudley Quality Assurance and Audit Process.
- To ensure that all managers have consistency of understanding in completing audits.
- To ensure that all managers are aware of the themes and issues identified in audits completed across the service generally, within the past 6 months.
- To facilitate discussion amongst managers about quality practice and generate an understanding of good practice.
- Managers have a consistent view on quality of practice issues and audit grading.
- Managers are aware of themes in respect of quality of practice and how to address these.
- Managers have a consistent understanding of limited judgements when making overall grading decisions on audits.
- Managers have a full understanding of Dudley’s Quality Assurance Framework.
- Managers are able to use learning in order to effect a change in outcomes for children by feed-back to Social Workers in team meeting’s and practice learning discussions/Supervision.